Thursday, April 29, 2010

Repurposed, Recycled, Reused...


Improvised technology is an amazing niche of activity that has, of late, begun to receive much more of the attention it deserves. Consisting of re-using, recycling, and repurposing old items and materials for new purposes, we in the "first world" have seriously missed the boat. Luckily, it's not too late to learn a little something.

When I decided to begin building the Brass Monkey-my garage bar and brewery-I must admit that one of the main points of interest for me was that I would be forced into a creative use of materials that I already own, could scavenge, or could buy at the local swap meet (more on that land of wonders later). Improvised tech is not always pretty, or elegant, but it is creative. Check out some great examples on this site:

No comments:

Post a Comment